Join Cedarwood Waldorf School’s dynamic and creative circle of teachers. Our program is expanding, and we are seeking innovative and enthusiastic teachers to join our current team of exceptional educators.
Cedarwood Waldorf School, located in Portland, Ore., is looking for qualified candidates to join our team of teachers and administrators to provide a progressive Waldorf education to our community of more than 300 students.
General Objective: Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the volunteer program and events associated with Cedarwood Waldorf School.
Reports to: Communication and Development Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers for festivals, school fundraising and other school events.
- Develops and implements training programs for all volunteers.
- Maintains updated records on all volunteers.
- Sets up and attends volunteer meetings. Reports to staff on volunteer activities as needed.
- Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization.
- Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
**Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Excellent communication skills: clear, articulate, professional in speaking and writing
* Comfort in speaking to small and large groups
* Excellent organizational skill; Able to set priorities and achieve them, able to keep cognizant of many processes going on simultaneously
* Ability to take initiative and work independently
* Excellent computer skills including database and spreadsheets
* Ability to work well with others and with volunteers
* Ability to delegate and supervise tasks
* Friendly, warm, courteous and good listening skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, communication or related field or equivalent in experience.
- Three years or more of successful work experience in this or a related field
- Prior experience as volunteer coordinator for public or nonprofit employer
- Prior experience creating and implementing volunteer programs and training.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment, off site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Physical Demands
The physical demands descri bed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
About Cedarwood Waldorf School
Cedarwood is situated in a picturesque, historic building in the urban Lair Hill neighborhood of Portland, Ore. We serve more than 300 students from early childhood through the eighth grade. Our students benefit from rich, diverse programming that includes Spanish, Japanese, eurythmy, music, practical arts, movement and a middle-school math program. We have a strong, talented faculty that works hard to support one another and consciously represent Waldorf education to our school community and beyond.
Portland is home to a rich anthroposophical community that includes several Waldorf schools, anthroposophical doctors and a branch of the Anthroposophical Society. The city of Portland offers wonderful cultural opportunities, while nearby Mount Hood and the Columbia River Gorge capture the splendor of the natural world.
We offer competitive salaries, medical and dental benefits, a matching 401k program, tuition remission and professional development opportunities.
Send cover letter, résumé and the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.