Join Cedarwood Waldorf School’s dynamic and creative circle of teachers. Our program is expanding, and we are seeking innovative and enthusiastic teachers to join our current team of exceptional educators.
Cedarwood Waldorf School, located in Portland, Ore., is looking for qualified candidates to join our team of teachers and administrators to provide a progressive Waldorf education to our community of more than 300 students.
Middle School Support Teacher
Cedarwood Waldorf School is accepting resumes for a Middle School Assistant teacher for the fall of 2016.
The ideal candidate will:
- be confident leading large groups of middle school students
- feel a rapport with adolescents
- have strong academic skill, particularly with regards to math
- have experience and skill in the practical arts — sewing, knitting, crochet, needlework and/or woodwork
- be available to substitute for middle school teachers on occasion
- have or be working towards Waldorf Certification
- be able to work cooperatively as a member of a team
The middle school assistant responsibilities include:
- Supporting teachers with small group work, correcting assignments and doing assessments
- Assisting middle school math teacher in grades 7 and 8
- Assisting practical arts teacher in grades 7 and 8
- Preparing and lead teaching several extra main classes per week (content to be determined in collaboration with 7th and 8th grade main lesson teachers)
- Attend weekly middle school section meeting
About Cedarwood Waldorf School
Cedarwood is situated in a picturesque, historic building in the urban Lair Hill neighborhood of Portland, Ore. We serve more than 300 students from early childhood through the eighth grade. Our students benefit from rich, diverse programming that includes Spanish, Japanese, eurythmy, music, practical arts, movement and a middle-school math program. We have a strong, talented faculty that works hard to support one another and consciously represent Waldorf education to our school community and beyond.
Portland is home to a rich anthroposophical community that includes several Waldorf schools, anthroposophical doctors and a branch of the Anthroposophical Society. The city of Portland offers wonderful cultural opportunities, while nearby Mount Hood and the Columbia River Gorge capture the splendor of the natural world.
We offer competitive salaries, medical and dental benefits, a matching 401k program, tuition remission and professional development opportunities.
Send cover letter, résumé and the names of three references to email@example.com.